So you’re not exactly the world's tidiest person — no problem! You can still create a clean, stylish apartment without spending hours cleaning. Use these smart and savvy tips for creating a clutter-free home.
- Purge your closet. One of the easiest ways to limit your amount of clutter is by simply owning fewer thing. Start with your clothing and shoes: Donate unused items to a local charity or toss stained or torn items.
- Make your closets work. Instead of thinking of closets as places to hide away all of your lesser-used items, make them neat and functional. Add more shelving or extra clothing racks, depending on what you use them for, and organize the contents based on what you reach for most often.
- Streamline your kitchen. Donate all coffee mugs and glasses that aren’t part of a set, pare down your cookware to only the essentials, and only keep the number of storage containers that actually fit in your cabinets.
- Get rid of unused furniture. You may not realize it, but having too much furniture in a room can make it feel more cluttered. Take a look around and eliminate small items that don’t serve a purpose in your home.
- Add a landing pad. If you frequently dump your coat, keys, and bag right in front of the door, add a hall tree or other storage unit for housing those everyday items.